Wednesday 15 October 2014

NEW Sparkle Baby palette from Sugarpill First Impression and Swatches

I went to IMATS (International Makeup Artist Trade Show) a few weeks ago here in Sydney. I am a freelance makeup artist and I went to stock up on things for my kit. I pretty much got everything I needed and picked up a few more goodies I wasn't expecting to get but had to jump at the chance at getting them while I can (will do an IMATS haul post if you would like to see what I got and why)

So anyway I knew I wanted to get a few loose pigment eyeshadows from Sugarpill. Had seen so many photos on the internet of looks using them. I lined up for 50 minutes to finally reach the Sugarpill counter (normally I wouldn't do this and I didn't for MAC) but this was the first time Sugarpill came to Australia so I had to.
Anyway I got a few loose pigments, a few had already sold out :( but I then saw Kitten parade the prettiest pressed eye shadow I have seen then saw it in the Sparkle Baby palette, I had saw this on Sugarpills Instagram page the night before IMATS but had expected it to sell out....... BUT IT HADN'T!!!! So I had to get it.




This is SOOOOOOOOO pretty, the packaging is really cute....... but look at the the colours in this Palette.How stunning are they? I wasn't sure if I would use all the colours together in a look but I would use them with other products to achieve a look especially Kitten Parade.




Kitten Parade: Soft peach colour with a gold shimmer. Looks amazing on blue eyes. Awesome colour to wear alone over the entire lid



Frostine: Very pretty lilac colour. Colour is very soft and pastel like but is more pigmented if worn over the top of an eye primer



Candy Crush: Soft aqua shade with a little silver shimmer. Stunning pastel shade.



Hotsy Totsy: Bright hot pink and has a little blue sparkle to it. This is the brightest shade of the four and I was worried I couldn't work this colour into a look using the other shades, but I was wrong.




I have played around with the palette and used all the colours in a few different looks. I didn't think I could pull of looks using the four colours but I can and I think they are so pretty.


To recreate this look:
Apply Kitten Parade over the entire eye lid and blend up into the crease. Using a small tapered brush I then applied Hotsy Totsy into the crease and blend up towards the brow. Apply more Kitten parade onto the eyelid.
On the inner corner and the brow bone I applied Frostine.
Along the lower lash line I used Candy crush.
I finished the look with a black winged eyeliner, mascara and then false lashes.


To recreate this look:
I applied Candy Crush over my eye lid and blend it into my crease. I then applied Hotsy Totsy in my crease and blended up. I then pressed Sugarpills Lucid loose pigment over the top of Candy Crush to intensify the colour.
 I  applied Frostine on my brow bone and inner corner and Kitty Parade along my lower lash line
Apply black liner along my top lash line and coat my lashes with Mascara and apply Fake lashes.

And the last look is the easiest



I kept this look simple as it was the first look i did do using the palette. But I applied Kitten Parade over my eyelid and blended it up into my crease. I then applied a loose soft gold shimmer into the corner of my eye
 I applied mascara. I was and eyeliner to top and bottom of my lash line and then lightly applied Kitten parade along my lower lash line



I really am impressed with how versatile these colours are. I am still trying different looks so if you want to see more follow me on instagram: @claudaciousmakeup

Until next time xox


Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment