Sunday 24 August 2014

My Skin Care Routine - What I use and why

I love wearing makeup and enjoy applying it each day. As a makeup artist its important that my makeup looks good every day at work. But good makeup starts with good skin. I have recently changed skincare products and I am excited every night to remove my makeup because of what I now use.

I have always had pretty good skin, even as a teenager. But it the last few years I have decided to look after my skin as I'm not getting any younger and want to start now before it's too late.

So until recently I had used the same skincare products for the last few years. My skin was ok oily in my T-zone and occasional pimples.
I had a consultation with the amazing skin care adviser I work with. (I don't know alot about skincare products as makeup is my area of expertise)
After looking at my skin (while wearing a full face of makeup) she and told me I had dehydrated skin. We discussed my routine and the products I was using. There was nothing wrong with them, they just weren't doing enough for my skin.
So with the 40% off skincare Priceline had a few weeks ago I decided it was the time to invest in new products.......My skin has never been this good.
After a week my skin care adviser noticed a huge difference. Skin didn't look dull, blemishes on my chin were gone and my face was less shiny. Its now been 4 weeks and my skin is still looking good. Its less dehydrated now to what it was.

My new skincare routine consists of (New and Old products)
La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser
Bioderma Crealine H20 Cleanser (using this for over 12 months now)
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Moisturiser (using this for 6 months now)
Indeed Laboratories Hydraluron Moisture Jelly
Indeed Laboratories Hydraluron Moisture Serum
Indeed Laboratories Facial Powdered Exfoliator
Avene Eye Contour Cream (using this for 8 months now)
Indeed Laboratories Hydraluron Moisture Mask.

So this looks like a lot of products but when I break it down its not.

Every Morning: Cleanser then moisture jelly, then before I apply my makeup I use Effaclar Duo.



Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday night: I always try and take my makeup off about an hour before I go to bed. So I cleanse then remove my eye makeup remover with Bioderma then apply the Moisture Jelly and then just before I get into bed I apply my eye cream and the indeed labs serum.



Wednesday night: Same as every other night except I exfoliate. I use it twice a week.



Sunday night: Is a pamper night total me time I cleanse, remove eye makeup remover, exfoliate, moisture mask, moisture jelly and then just before bed I use the serum and eye cream.




So you guys can understand why I love each of these products I want to give you a brief description on them all.


La Roche-Posay Cleanser: Removes makeup and cleanses. Its a nice milky white cream lotion that doesn't need water to rinse off. I do use a damp face cloth to wipe my face clean. My skin can be a little sensitive so this is perfect for me.



Bioderma Cleanser: Removes my eye makeup gently without and hard rubbing and it removes long wearing eyeshadows, liners and mascaras. Just a little of this product goes a long way.



La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo: My morning moisturiser it makes my face feel fresh and matte before I apply my makeup. It helps unclog my pores




Indeed Labs Moisture Serum: This product contains hydraluron (hence the name) which is a hydrating ingredient that holds 1,000 times its weight in water. My face feels so nice after its been applied.



Avene Eye Contour Cream: I haven't started using anything serious around my eyes. I don't have lines to worry about or dark circles but I do get dry around them and it doesn't hurt to add moisture to the area and help  slow the process of lines appearing. You only need the tiniest amount to do both eyes (TIP: at night only apply cream to under the eye, it will be less puffy in the morning)



Indeed Labs Moisture Jelly: This is a moisturiser but doesn't feel like one. It's a gel formula but packs a punch liked a serum. It's light, cooling and refreshing on my face and I instantly feel hydrated. I love the packaging. The jar is a flat top with a pump. One push on top and the right amount of jelly will be released.



Indeed Labs powder exfoliater: Mix this with water in the palm of my hand and lather it and apply it over my face. It gently removes any dead skin and leaves my face feeling soft and smooth. My skin looks glowing refreshed clean and hydrated.



Indeed Labs Moisture Mask: I had never used a mask like this before. After taking it out of its individual packet it felt wet but cooling. I leave it for about 20 mins and left the mask do its work. It adds moisture to my face and leaves it feeling relaxed and cooking



Its alot of moisture I have added to my skin and I was always worried adding excess moisture would cause me to breakout with pimples everywhere but I know differently now. In the process of writing this I learnt alot more about dehydrated skin from some training sessions I went to. Nearly everyone has dehydrated skin but they may not know it. I am glad I spoke to someone trained in skin care and am finally using products that are finally helping my skin.

Until next time xoxo

Claudia


2 comments:

  1. I see that you’re using a lot of moisturizer-based products. I’m glad you’re aware with the importance of keeping your skin hydrated. There are a lot of people who don’t realize how their skin needs this, and they end up using the wrong product, which only aggravated their breakouts. Doing a little research before jumping on a new treatment really does pay off.

    Hugh Barber @ Laser-Clinique

    ReplyDelete
  2. A smooth and hydrated skin is important not only because it is very nice to look at, but a plump, supple and firm skin reflects its elasticity and capability to heal faster and protect itself from harmful toxins of environment. So, it's good that you spoke with someone who knows about it gave you skin care solutions that best suits your skin type. We should really be careful in choosing the products that we use, for some may do more harm than benefit to our skin. Thanks for sharing your skin care routine, Claudia! :)


    Marshall Copeland @ Baja Medi Spa

    ReplyDelete