Wednesday 3 September 2014

How to Contour


Contouring can be tricky. knowing what products to use, how and where to use them. Contouring use to be for runway models, celebrities and fashion photo shoots, but these days contouring is used in many peoples daily makeup routine. So for those who are still confused about contouring let me explain briefly.

 Contouring is about creating shape to the face and enhancing your facial features. So by using a dark shade it will recede areas and make them look smaller (nose, forehead, double chin) and by using lighter shades it enhances them (cheekbones, centre of nose, under the eye) The whole reason makeup artists contour their clients is to achieve the "perfect" oval face.

Here is my guide to contouring

I start with a fresh cleansed face. Apply primer all over and then my chosen foundation.
The highlighting and contouring part is different for everyone there is no correct product to use. All I can suggest is use a product a few shades lighter for highlighting and a product a few shades darker for contouring.


I personally like to use Maybelline Fit Me concealers. They are easy to use and the colours are great for me.

I start with applying light concealer (I use shade 15 Fair) and I apply this under my eyes, on my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose, on my cupids bow and on the centre of my forehead and chin and blend.



Next I apply the darker concealer (30 Cafe) to the hollows of my cheeks, the sides of my chin, temples and my hairline and the side of my nose. Blend



For some people this is enough but I like to do more.

I apply Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent pearl over my cheekbones and under my eyes.



Then I apply Revlon Matte Bronzer 035 Sun on the hollows of my cheeks. By doing this it adds shimmer to my cheekbones and highlights them more, especially when the light hits my face. The reason I like using a matte bronzer is because I am wanting my contouring to look natural.




Following the bronzer I then set my foundation and contouring with Face of Australia translucent loose powder and lightly dust my whole face with it. For my end look I kept it simple and went for a bronzed eye and bold lip as I wanted my base to be the focus.

Same makeup but lighting was different... sorry

hope you found this helpful. 

Until 

No comments:

Post a Comment