Wednesday 28 May 2014

Basic Contouring


Contouring the face can be scary.......When I first started getting into makeup a few years ago I avoided it like the plague. I then became confident contouring others just not myself, but I have slowly got there and now I am obsessed with blushes, highlighters and bronzers.


Bronzers: I haven't always been a fan of bronzers. I think that came down to incorrect colour and application. After trial and error on a few different types (powders, liquids, creams) I am more comfortable now with them.
I like using a matte powder bronzer. I apply with it with an angled brush (I get a nicer definition) 
I suck my cheeks in and apply to the hollows of my cheeks and blend up to my hairline and around my temples.



Blush: I apply my blush on the apples of my cheeks (you can find your apples by smiling and it's the chubbiest part of your cheek) then blend it up between the hollows of the cheek and the cheekbone. It's important to apply this lightly and correctly. You don't want to look like you have stepped back to the 80s with strong harsh blush line up the side your face (YIKES). Blush is meant to look soft and natural like you have a natural glow



Highlighter: I use a powder highlighter but i also like a liquid one. I wear a highlighter on my cheekbone. You can apply ii on areas where the sun would naturally hit, but I am keeping this post sweet and simple and will do another post soon on contouring the whole face.



Until next time xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment