Sunday 14 September 2014

Chi Chi Fabulous and Flawless Foundation

If you follow me on Instagram you would have seen countless photos of me wearing/using Chi Chi's Fabulous and Flawless Foundation quite a few times a week. I have featured this foundation in other posts "Picking the right foundation for you" and in "July favourites"

But I felt like it deserved its very own post so I could go further into detail for you.

I have been using this foundation since July, not every day but I think at least every second day and I have finished my first bottle. Which I haven't done in such a long time, so I am a little excited about it

I was attracted to this foundation by the description on the packaging:

Flawless Face:
Oil free, ultra lightweight formula
Medium, yet buildable coverage
Long wearing, smudge proof, staying power
Easy glide on application
Skin looks and feels soft, fresh and natural
colour true, even looking shades.

Fabulous Formula:
Super moisturising
Super Hydrating
Antioxidant Vitamin enriched (A E and B5)
With continual use helps reduce the appearance of fine lines
Paraben free

After reading all this I had to try it and I loved it. I think it would be my favourite foundation to date. I have never found a foundation that does what it says it will do. I love the coverage as I can cover my freckles and when I tell people I have freckles they don't believe me, because my foundation looks so natural and flawless and doesn't go cakey as I build on the coverage and once it's on my face it stays there all day. It doesn't rub onto my clothes or my hands if I touch my face.

From the outset everything appealed to me. The packaging is simple but very eye appealing and with easy explanations of colour descriptions it makes it easy to select a shade. The bottle itself is lovely and looks like its worth more than its retail price of $29.95. It is a matte glass bottle with a pump which makes it easy to use. You can also unscrew the pump so you scrape every last little bit out (which I have been doing, so I don't waste it)



The formula is very easy to blend. It's not runny or thick, it's a nice consistency and doesn't feel heavy on at all and has a satin sort of finish. It's not matte but not dewy. It has a nice fragrant smell of flowers as well when you first pump it out of the bottle but once its applied and set with a powder I never smell it.



I have an oily T zone and struggle to find a foundation that stays on all day, especially on my nose and chin. I find myself having to touch up my makeup during the day with other brands, but Chi Chi Fabulous and Flawless I can wear this for at least 8 hours and it will still look ok when I get home from work, by then though I am a little shiny on my nose but for at least a solid 6 hours my freckles are covered and I look matte down the centre of my face. It also doesn't smudge off if you wipe it against clothes or touch your hand against your face.



I own two shades of this now. One for my normal skin tone and one for when I fake tan.



As you can see I am a fan and love this foundation and will recommend it to others, but I am aware everybody is different and different products suit everyone but for me this is amazing and I LOVE it and for the price I think it such great value. It is available from Myer and Target in Australia who have discounts on Chi Chi quite often.

Until next time
xox

PS to keep up to date with products I'm loving, wearing or different makeup looks

 you can find me on Instagram: @claudaciousmakeup
Facebook: www.facebook.com/claudaciousmakeup

No comments:

Post a Comment