Sunday 28 September 2014

Review and colour swatches Revlon Moisture Stain Lipsticks

I always get excited about new products especially when Revlon bring out new lipsticks. I'm a huge fan of their colorburst crayons and now they have bought out their new moisture stains.



Liquid lipsticks are very popular at the moment so many brands are doing them but I think Revlon are always the front runners when it comes to "drugstore" long lasting lipsticks. The Colorstay range has such a good reputation that everyone knows Colourstay lasts.

When I first saw these on social media earlier this year I instantly loved the packaging the black bold outlining around the case makes it stand out and sets them apart and they also lay flat (not that exciting, but makes it easy to photograph)



I think there is something to please everyone. Reds, Pinks, Corals, Nudes and even a brown and plum. They are so pigmented that even one coat on my lips gave a decent colour but once 2 coats are applied I get amazing bright colour and a really good coverage.

THE COLOURS:

Stockholm Chic: Copper bronze brown. The packaging makes you think it will be really shimmery as there is a gold shimmer on the outside but once one it has a gold/bronze reflect.



India Intrigue: Deep Pink looks more purple......Maybe a magenta colour would be more of a correct term



Parisian Passion: Purple/Burgundy kind of colour, Pretty dark vampy kind of colour



Barcelona Nights: Hot pink colour



Shanghai Sizzle: Bright Orange/red



Cannes Crush: Pretty bright coral colour



London Posh: Peachy nude with a gold shimmer tone



LA Exclusive: Light Pink


Rio Rush: Barbie Pink. Bright hot pink





Miami Fever: Bright Orange




 I love a lipstick to feel soft and moisturising and to be food proof. Which is why I love the Colorburst crayons but these are living up to their name. Once on they feel soft and moisturising. They feel more like a thick balm than a lipstick with a wet glossy finish and don't sticky. To get the best colour application apply two coats and press the product onto lips firmly with the doe-foot applicator. Its a great size and shape and the wider area lets me apply the lip colour to the wider areas of my lips easier and the tip is perfect for working around my cupids bow and corner.

At work I get lazy with reapplying lipstick I like to apply a lipstick in the morning before work, reapply at lunch and then again after work if I am going somewhere for drinks. And I can do this with these stains. I apply 2 coats before work, have a coffee, eat, drink water and talk to customers and by 10am the shine has worn off but I am still left with a nice stain one my lips.



My lips are still coloured and by lunch time its has worn off slightly but I always like to reapply my lipstick after lunch so I look fresh. Working in a shop with air conditioning my lips are always prone to drying cracking but they contain vitamin E and aloe to help keep the lips moist.

I have so many lipstick. To be honest I think my collection would be almost around 100. But I don't wear most of them some are drying and others wear off. My Colorburst crayons are my holy grail lip colours but I can see these becoming another favourite.

Revlon continue to be my favourite "drugstore" brand for lipsticks 


Until next time
xox

PS to keep up to date with products I'm loving, wearing or different makeup looks

 you can find me on Instagram: @claudaciousmakeup
Facebook: www.facebook.com/claudaciousmake

No comments:

Post a Comment