Sunday 29 June 2014

Makeup on a budget

So recently I had a few friends ask about what products I could recommend them buying without spending a fortune. Which got me thinking, why not share my recommendations with you all. I know everyone loves a bargain and its always a bonus of getting decent makeup on a budget.

So I have put together a collection of makeup for a full face of makeup with each product costing less than $20 each. I own all of these products I have listed and wear them all :)
All products mentioned are available from Priceline.

Primer: Rimmel Stay Matte Primer RRP: $13.95
I own a lot of primers but have found I have been using this one quiet a bit lately. It comes out as a white cream without being too thick. Once applied onto my skin I can't see it.
It definitely makes my face look matte, fills in my pores and my foundation does last all day. I may have to powder my nose after 5-6 hours but that's not the end of the world.




Foundation: Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation RRP: $17.95
When I look for a new foundation my two concerns are
a) The coverage: I have freckles and like to cover them without my foundation looking heavy and cakey.
b) How long the foundation will last: I apply two light coats and buff into my skin.

So this foundation ticks both boxes. I have combination skin and find that I have to set it with powder  for a matte finish. Its a little runnier than other liquid foundations, but it blends flawlessly and felt lightweight but gave great coverage.



Concealer: Rimmel Wake Me Up RRP: $14.95
 Full coverage liquid concealer, perfect for under the eyes. Covers dark spots nicely as well as brightening up under the eye with an anti-fatigue effect. Has a wand which is easy to get the product out of the tube and apply to the face



Powder: Face Of Australia Loose Translucent Powder RRP: $11.95
After reading about this product on a lot of other blogs and seeing it being used on various youtube makeup videos I was keen to try it. At first look the powder looks quiet yellow but once applied it has very little colour. It leaves a very soft finish because it has little pigment. The fine powder reduces shine and sets foundation. The only down side about using it is the fact that loose powder can be a little messy at times.



Bronzer and Highlighter: Face Of Australia Contour and Highlight Kit RRP: $9.95
This Product has been so popular its sold out almost everywhere. I don't know of many other contour palettes under $10 that offer a matte bronzer and a shimmer highlighter together. The pigment in both are lovely and leave your cheekbones looking perfectly sculptured.



Brows: Models Prefer Essential Brow Kit RRP: $12.99
A brow kit with the lot. Powder, wax, brush and tweezers. I use the light to medium palette. My brows are quite light but I like them to be dark and filled it. I use the wax to define and shape them then fill them in with the powder.



Eye Primer: Face Of Australia Matte Eye Primer RRP: $7.95
One product most people don't know about. I always get asked about long lasting eye shadows or ones that don't crease. When I ask if they use an eye primer 95% off the time the answer is NO.
The benefits of an eye primer:
a) Smooths the surface of the eyelid
b) Gives the eye shadow something to stick to
c) Makes the eye shadow last a lot longer
d) Intensifys the colour of the eye shadow

as its a white cream. You only need the tiniest amount to apply over the eyelid. Set with a powder.




Eye shadow: L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Eye Crayon RRP: $16.95 or
 Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Stick RRP: $12.95
This was the hardest category to pick products to recommend under $20. But then I remembered I have used both of these crayons/shadow sticks and they were really good. Lasted all day didnt fade or crease and were really easy to use and blend. I mix them together and wear the lighter brown, beige from L'Oreal and smoke it up with the Rimmel darker brown and black.




Eyeliner: Maybelline Hyper Glossy Liquid Eyeliner RRP: $9.95
I have always personally preferred a liquid pen or gel liner for eyeliner, but I thought I would try this as was on special. I found it super easy to use and the very fine brush makes it easy to get close to the lash line to apply it. Smudge proof also.



Mascara: Essence Lash Mania Reloaded False Lashes RRP: $4.95
I have talked about this mascara before, Its basically my holy grail mascara. I still haven't found a mascara under $20 that even comes close to me. Makes my lashes look so much longer, I have cried and it hasn't left me with panda eyes and its sooooooo cheap.



Lipstick: Revlon Colorburst Lip Crayons RRP: $17.95
This was the easiest product to recommend I LOVE these lipsticks for so many reasons...... I own every colour, that's how much I love them.
a) The colours are vibrant and there is something for everyone (I have sold one at the store I work at to       a 70 year old lady)
b) Options, matte really glossy or balmy
c) Moisturising. I hate matte colours that dry out my lips. These dont!!!!
d) Long lasting. Food proof.
e) The way the crayon is designed you just need to wind it up and you get value for money.
f) Peppermint tingle helps plump up your lip.
I could go on but i wont.




And there you go. Great makeup products that wont cost you a fortune. I have added a before, during and after look of wearing all the products



Until next time xox
Claudia





No comments:

Post a Comment